Call for abstracts
ISGS AWARDS FOR THE TOP 3 POSTERS AND PAPERS
ISGS SPECIAL PRIZE FOR THE BEST POSTER AND PAPER
Deadline for abstract submission is September 15th 2010.
Acceptance, together with all technical details for presentation, will be notified to the submitting Author by September 30th 2010.
Registration for the Congress is mandatory for the submission of scientific contributions.
Experiments and data collection must be completed at the time of the abstract submission. Abstracts for papers already published or accepted before the 5th ICGS Congress deadline will not be accepted.
All abstracts must include these headings: PURPOSE; METHODS; RESULTS; AND CONCLUSION. Abstracts not conforming to this structured format will not be considered. Abstracts lacking a description of study methodology and a quantitative description of data will not be accepted. Abstracts without a topic category indicated will not be reviewed. The Scientific Committee aims for 'to the point' informative abstracts, with great emphasis on conciseness and clarity. Extensive presentations, overloaded with details, should therefore be avoided.
Multiple submissions of the same topic on different abstracts will be rejected. The Abstract must be written in English.
RULES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Abstracts should be previously unpublished works at the time of presentation.
- Abstracts are accepted online through the website only. Abstracts may not be submitted by e-mail. The abstract submission form is available from March 15th, 2010 5:00 p.m. local time (Italy) through September 15th, 2010 on the website.
- Abstract length is limited to 800 words, including the title, authors (maximum of 1 First Author), institutions, and the abstract body. The submission program will tell you how many characters you have used or whether you are over the limit. Tables and graphics will detract from the available character space.
- At no time may the Organizing Secretariat Staff make any changes to abstracts: you may submit a revised version of your abstract only from March 15th, 2010 through September 15th, 2010, 5:00 p.m. local time (Italy). You will need the login and password to re-access your abstract. Your login and password are e-mailed to you at the time you start your abstract submission.
- An individual may be First Author (i.e., Presenting Author) of only one abstract. The Presenting Author's name must be the first author, and each individual is allowed to present only one abstract. There is no limit to the number of times an individual may appear as co-author on abstracts. First Authors are expected to be the individuals who will attend the Congress and make the oral paper or poster presentation. Authors who are unable to attend and make their presentation as scheduled must notify the Organizing Secretariat OIC and withdraw their abstract at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All accepted abstracts are assigned to either an oral paper or poster presentation at the discretion of the ICGS Scientific Committee. Taking into consideration your presentation preference, the Scientific Committee reviews all abstracts and determines whether an abstract is suitable for an oral paper or a poster session. It is the policy of ICGS that abstracts must be submitted with the intention that, if selected, they will be presented in either form. Do not submit an abstract if you do not intend to present it at the Congress yourself. Once programmed, abstract presentation times and locations cannot be changed.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts.
- All abstracts are anonymously reviewed by the Scientific Committee. The reviewing process is strictly confidential and all reviewers have agreed to the following: "I understand the confidential nature of the abstracts, and I will not discuss their contents with any individual, nor will I make copies of abstracts for my own or others' use. In addition, I will not review any abstracts where conflict of interest may be perceived, i.e., work on which I have authored or co-authored or work completed in laboratories where I work."
- Note: When selecting a Reviewing Code, please choose carefully. The Reviewing code you select will determine which Scientific Section your abstract will be destined to. A two-letter Section identifier is attached to each Reviewing Code.
- In order to publish the text of the abstract on the final programme, the First Author is asked to fill in the attached 'Commercial Relationships Policy Form', that must be sent back by e-mail (email@example.com) or by fax (+39 055 5001912) before September 15th, 2010.
- Authors who are unable to attend and make their presentation as scheduled must notify the Organizing Secretariat OIC in writing and withdraw their abstract at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for withdrawal of an abstract.
- Note: For abstracts withdrawn after 5:00 p.m., September 15th, 2010 the entire abstract will appear in the Congress publications.
All authors must select an abstract category. Abstract related to the following themes are welcome in the format of Oral Paper or Poster presentation. Please indicate your presentation preference when submitting your abstract. The final allocation of the abstract will be decided by the Scientific Committee taking into consideration your preference.
- Congenital / Pediatric Glaucoma
- Wound Healing Modulation
- Non-Penetrating Surgery
- New Glaucoma Drainage Devices
- Tube Shunts
- Angle Closure Glaucoma
- Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery
- Glaucoma Medications
- Ocular Imaging
- Glaucoma Surgical Complications