Film festival abstract Submission Deadline (15 March 2011)
The top 30 film submissions as judged by the Program Committee will be shown in the video theater at least twice during WGC 2011 and special prizes will be awarded to the three winning films
. The film submissions should directly or indirectly relate to glaucoma.
The deadlines for the abstract and film submissions are 15 March 2011
and 30 April 2011 respectively.
Guidelines for the film submission
- Up to 3 films per producer will be accepted. The primary producer may be co-producer of other films.
- The producer must be a registered delegate for the World Glaucoma Congress 2011.
- The deadline for abstract submission of videos is 15 March 2011 (Tuesday). All films in CD/DVD should reach the secretariat before 29 April 2011 (Friday). No films submitted after the deadline will be accepted for judging.
- Theme(s) of the films must be related to “Glaucoma” directly or indirectly.
- All the films will be graded by our panel of judges that comprises of leading experts in the field.
- Up to 30 top films will be shown in the Video Theatre during the congress. There will be prizes for the best 3 films. The decision of the Judges is final.
- Films must not exceed 8 minutes including opening, introduction and closing acknowledgments. Films should not promote the use of any commercial product.
- All submitted CD/DVD will not be returned to the producer – please do not send the original. Be sure to review the copy you are sending for audio and video clarity.
- The World Glaucoma Congress 2011 holds the non-exclusive copyright for all materials to be presented at the Congress and in the Program Book.
- All presentations and materials must be in English.
- Opening must include financial interest statement. Financial and proprietary disclosures should be placed right after the title page of the film.
- Acknowledgement should be given to relevant investigators and contributors.
World Glaucoma Congress 2011 – Film Festival
Checklist for film submission
- Limit: 3 films submission per producer
- Length: Films must not exceed 8 minutes including opening, introduction and closing acknowledgments
- Scientific content
- Applicability / educational value
- Cinematic / technical excellence
- Format and rules compliance: e.g. financial interest disclosure
- Other criteria as deemed appropriate by the panel of judges
- Title: The title should be entered in title format and should describe the material appropriately.
- Abstracts: An abstract of not more than 80 words of your proposed film is mandatory and must be submitted by sending the Film Form (click here to download) to email@example.com before 15 March 2011 (Tuesday). Abstracts will be published exactly as submitted in the Final Program Book.
- Format: Thye acceptable formats for submissions are CD / DVD MPEG2 in PAL (720 x 576 Resolution). Please ensure that the film is in the correct format, DVD format is preferred. We strongly recommend that you preview your film in a system other than the one on which it was produced before submission to the World Glaucoma Congress 2011.
Shipping: Film must be received by the WGC Central Secretariat on or before 29 April 2011 (Friday). Please send your film via air courier (Federal Express, DHL, etc.) so you can trace its receipt. The shipping address:
World Glaucoma Congress 2011 Secretariat
Viale G. Matteotti, 7
50121 - Florence – Italy
Tel. +39 055 50351
Fax +39 055 5001912
Att. Scientific Division
Since your film will not be returned, do not send the master/original copy. 5 copies of CD/DVD with the submitted abstracts in hard copy are required. Your film should be properly labeled with the producer’s name and film title exactly as stated in the abstract submitted through the online system.
- Should there be any enquiry, please kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org